oreganclock said: I'm looking to get my first knife that is durable and easy to carry for EDC. Any suggestions on something within 30~50$ range? Also, suggestions on where to buy quality knives?
Choosing Your EDC Knife
Before I can answer that question, I need to know:
1. what do you expect to use the knife for?
- Opening packages and envelopes
- Cutting rope, rubber, or other work-related materials
- Whittling wood
- Food prep
2. how will you carry the knife?
- open carry (hip, belt, chest, strapped to bag)
- concealed carry
- bag (what kind of bag?)
3. What kind of area do you live and work in, what’s the climate like?
- rural / wilderness
- inland or marine / seashore
- temperate / tropical / cold
I’m sure many of my followers can jump in with even more detailed considerations!
After we learn more about your circumstances, then we can make intelligent recommendations.